Saturday, April 26, 2014

Day 13: Au Revoir, Quebec!

There was no sun today, but it was cool and dry; good day for a ride. I left the motel at 10am and seemed to be up and down hills all day. Unlike riding along the St. Lawrence where the elevation shifts felt consistent and gradual, the last two days heading inland have been full of sharp up and downs.

The good news is that I put in 144km today,  bringing me into New Brunswick! It probably took me longer than it should have due to the hills, but it felt like a good ride nonetheless.

As I've said before,  I like hills.  Unfortunately they really slow me down when I'm trying to make good time. It looks like the next two days of riding will be more of the same. I'm looking forward to it,  but it means most of the days will be spent on the bike without much downtime at each day's destination,  so I'm going to take tomorrow off and relax in my current destination - Grand Falls.

Today's and part of yesterday's elevation chart.

Elevation chart for the next two days. 

 Yes, most places here are still frozen.

 Refueling before I hit New Brunswick.





Grand Falls, NB.


No comments:

Post a Comment