Sunday, April 27, 2014

Day 14: Two Weeks In

I'm 14 days (12 riding) into my trip and I'm very pleased with how things have gone so far. After 1261km, I'm on-schedule,  Gracie's holding up well,  and my body hasn't fallen apart yet.

I've spent today reassessing the next stages of my trip, changing routes, reallocating distances, and most important - giving my body a little recovery time. Little kinks and nags have been manageable so far,  but a day to let my muscles regroup has been very useful. I look forward to 4 days of 120km+ rides to get myself to Nova Scotia,  and hopefully the weather is on my side.


About to fly over Grand Falls.

I've got great video of the zip line ride that I'll post once I'm able to get it off the usb drive.

Here I am at my local Grand Falls Pub for the night,  with my new friends Jean Eudes, Sylvain, and Carrolle.

1 comment:

  1. I've stayed at the Hilltop. Classic Ontario to Maritimes roadtrip stop. I don't think they had the zip line over the falls then.

    ReplyDelete