Thursday, April 17, 2014

Day 4: Making Up Time

I'll start with a special thanks to my aunt Betty and uncle John for putting me up for the night. The cold night outside and cold day of riding had left me with pretty sore joints and muscles, but a warm night's rest and home cooked meal did the trick! This has led to my decision to avoid camping until the weather decides to cooperate. On that note, I could still use a place to stay in Montreal on Saturday *hint, hint.

On to today: Although I'm satisfied with my decisions about where and when to stop for the first three days, it has left me a little shy of my intended daily average kms. Today I decided to try to make up some ground,  and I'm pleased to say the weather - and my body - were very cooperative. I won't even mention Gracie's contribution,  she's been a champ every day and she knows it.

I covered 120kms today, which is personal best single day distance for me. I'm not getting too excited though, I have 175km days coming up soon enough.

I'm spending the night at the Bridgewaters Inn in Johnstown, and hope to put in another 120kms tomorrow. Wish me luck!

 Aunt Betty, Zack, Uncle John



 Great scenery today. This was in Front of Yonge Township.



Bridgewaters Inn, Johnstown. My stop for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment