Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 28/29: Grand Falls-Windsor, halfway across the province

Taking a day off due to weather was an excellent choice yesterday. It was crappy snow and freezing temperatures all day,  which afforded me the opportunity to give Gracie some proper attention. I made some minor adjustments to her cables, then really went to town on her with a toothbrush and lubricant. She's running like new after some pretty rough weeks on the road.

Today the weather really cleared up and my body felt very refreshed. I covered 130km and find myself in Grand Falls-Windsor tonight,  halfway across Newfoundland.

I haven't seen any moose, which is very surprising,  but I'm still seeing caribou all over the place. They don't seem to be too concerned about me, and only barely pay attention to the cars as they wander across the highway.


My sanctuary during the snow storm.  Junction Inn. 

after a month on the road, my casual pants are starting to fit a little TOO casual.











The only thing this sign made me think about is whether I could bike faster than a pissed-off caribou can run.





No comments:

Post a Comment