Saturday, May 31, 2014

Day 39: what goes up must come down

I had 20 degrees and sunshine for the whole day of riding. I know I can't expect these conditions every day but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Aside from one summit to climb,  today was going to be mostly downhill,  and I was looking forward to the leisurely ride following the heavy climbing of yesterday. What I wasn't anticipating was how steep most of it would be. I ended up descending 500m over the course of the day,  and one stretch pushed my speed to a trip high of 67.3km/hr - which is a VERY uncomfortable speed on a heavy bike with a lot of gear. I was convinced I'd hit a pothole or a stone in the road and that would be it.

Thankfully the ride was uneventful with stunning landscape,  and I have great overnight weather for camping in Bromley Rock Provincial Park.











No comments:

Post a Comment