Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 49: the road to Medicine Hat - flat land and big sky

I was supposed to get rained on again today, but thankfully the rain clouds swirled all around but never right over me.

Today's 155km ride to Medicine Hat was pretty straightforward without any hiccups. The horizon was so flat and beneath the centre of my field of vision that I had the impression I was riding in an underwater bubble and the clouds were giant sea creatures swimming around in an uneven current. With the lack of landscape scenery to occupy my visual field, I found this illusion very engaging.

After getting lunch in Brooks at the 50km mark I noticed the rest of the ride was relatively flat so I decided to push myself on the second leg. I averaged 31.2km/hr for the last 105km which I'm pretty sure is a trip best for me.















No comments:

Post a Comment