Sunday, June 15, 2014

Day 53-54: Grounded in Swift Current and hanging out with Alpacas

I ended up stuck in Swift Current for two days waiting for the storm front to pass through. It was clear today that I wasn't going to see sunshine anytime soon so rather than waste another day I decided to brave the rain and make a run for Besant Campground.

The weather was actually pretty good today and I probably could have put in some good miles but I got distracted by an alpaca farm along the way. By shear coincidence I ran into another cross country cyclist at the farm that I'd passed a couple of times previously. The farm had a motel so I decided to call it a day and hang out with Annie and the alpacas for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow I'll definitely get rained on but the goal is to put in 130 or so kilometers to make it to Moose Jaw.


 







No comments:

Post a Comment