Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 58: Slow progress to Fort Qu'Appelle

I had a brief window without rain this morning so I decided to try and make some ground. The ride was without wind (headwind or tailwind) which was a nice break, but the rain was constantly threatening.

I covered 65km to Fort Qu'Appelle before stopping for breakfast. As I was inside the skies opened up in a torrential downpour. Although it dissipated by the time I finished eating,  the forecast called for more of this throughout the day so I decided not to chance it. I'm holding up here for the day and going start fresh in the morning.

Tomorrow is calling for more rain throughout the day but I can only hope it's manageable riding weather,  I can't lose too many more days.

I was heading toward a storm all morning









Yup,  there are hills in Saskatchewan

No comments:

Post a Comment