Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day 68: Thunder Bay

Today I crossed back into eastern standard time, changing my watch for the last time on this trip.

I also crossed the Laurentian Divide separating water flowing into the Atlantic Ocean from water flowing into the Arctic Ocean.

Following that, I stopped by the impressive Kakabeka Falls before finishing the day in Thunder Bay.

Today's ride was a comfortable 160km, and I'll try to cover the same distance tomorrow, although there are challenging hills between Thunder Bay and Rossport so I'll probably play it by ear.

Kakabeka Falls

Highway 17 has long stretches with narrow paved shoulders. You need to be comfortable with giant death machines barreling by within a foot of your handlebars. 

Finally made it back to my home time zone











No comments:

Post a Comment